HELP US WIN IT ALL
March 1st - March 24th
This year, Friendship Animal Protective League will be going head-to-head with other shelters from all across the U.S in a virtual fundraising tournament! March Muttness is a life-saving tournament where pets always win! This bracket-style tournament is put on by the Humane Society of Southern Arizona, and will have us competing with other shelters in “rounds” to raise the most donations! Here’s how it works:
- There are different “rounds” in which each shelter competes with another to raise the most donations
- Whoever wins their “round” then advances in the bracket to the next round
- There will be a landing page that all of the donations are submitted to
- This landing pages remains open through the duration of the event, so even if that specific shelter loses, they can still collect donations
- MarchMuttness.org will show brackets and keep track of who is winning throughout the competition-
Round Break Down:
“Tails in Round” WON
“Thrilling 32” Round WON
“Snuggly Sixteen” Round 3 March 9th at 11am to March 11th at 11pm Friendship APL vs. Rosie’s Southside Animal Shelter
The fourth round of 8 “games” featuring third round winners will start on Sunday, March 13th at 11am EST and end on Tuesday, March 15th at 11pm EST, for a total of 60 hours. This round is called the “Excellent Eight”. Afterwards there will be a 36 hour team break to prepare for Round 5.
The fifth round of 4 “games” featuring fourth round winners will start on Thursday, March 17th at 11am EST and end on Saturday, March 19th at 11pm EST, for a total of 60 hours. This round is called the “Furry Four”. Afterwards there will be a 36 hour team break to prepare for The Championship Round.
The sixth, or “Championship Round”, featuring the final two fifth round winners, will start on Monday, March 21st at 11am EST and end on Wednesday, March 23rd at 11pm EST, for a total of 60 hours. This game will determine the Champion and second place teams.